Friday, October 8, 2010

As seen out of our front door window


Every morning as I walk down the stairs, this is the beautiful scene that greets me. When the sun shines just right, these two trees in our front yard are gorgeous. I love the turning of the leaves. It's definitely one of my favorite parts of fall. You know, besides the pumpkin spice lattes!


And because I haven't posted many pictures of the kids this week.....

One night this week, Olivia and Carter were both in the kitchen. He was having a bedtime snack of applesauce. Apparently, Olivia was begging for some because when I turned around, this is what I saw:



Man, my life just got a whole lot easier if Carter can start feeding Olivia instead of me! Ha!

Theo has been working late every night this week so hopefully he'll be home at a decent hour so we can go out to eat. We rarely go out to dinner. Seriously, maybe once a month. So just in case we happen to move next summer (still waiting on that news which should come by the end of the month), we made a goal to eat out at least twice a month and try a new place each time. A couple of weeks ago, it was my turn to pick. I love mexican food. Really, what type of food do I not love? Not sure. There was a restaurant really close to the library we go to all the time called Salsa Brava. One of Theo's former co-workers said it was really good. So we decided to check it out. The food was terrible! Well, my entree was decent. It was a grilled veggie burrito, hard to mess up right? But the "salsa" was called blackened something or another. And it tasted like burned tomatoes. I thought maybe we just got a bad batch, but the second bowl tasted just as disgusting as that one. How disappointing because you all know I love me some chips and hot sauce. Give me Superior salsa any day! Tonight is Theo's turn to pick. Not sure where we'll go but he said somewhere downtown. My mouth is watering just thinking about dinner. I live for my next meal :)

Tomorrow evening we have a birthday party for one of Carter's friends. We're trying to decide if we want to go to the Air Force Academy game. The traffic was so bad last week for the game (as we were trying to get to the pumpkin patch) that I'm not sure how great of an idea it will be. But I would like to see a game before we a) have to move and b) before it gets freezing outside. Now that Olivia is all over the place, I think it'll be more difficult. But it's one of those things on our "Colorado to-do list". We're checking off things left and right!

Sunday is my first day to work with the first and second graders at church! I guess I'm a little nervous because my church is HUGE and there will be a ton of kids. But I need to get plugged in and there is no better place for me to be than working with kids. Unless they have a food tasting commitee or something, which I doubt! Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: