Saturday, June 13, 2009

Deja Vu

This morning, bright and early at 8 a.m., Carter said he wanted to go for a walk. Well, our walk turned into a trip to a park that we hadn't been to in a long time. It's the first park I really played with Carter at. I had just gotten my camera, it was October, the leaves were covering the ground and I got some fabulous pictures.

(Pictures from fall 2007) These are some of my most favorite pictures of Carter.












Theo and I also visited this park when I was pregnant with Carter and swung on the swings like big kids.


So today as I was swinging next to Carter, I was reminded of all of these memories we've created at this one park and how sad I will be to leave this life behind. I'm sad on one hand but am excited on the other hand. My roots will always be here. But my life is with the family Theo and I have created. I am often reminded of the passage in Ruth...."Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God" (Ruth 1:16)

No comments: