Monday, February 23, 2009

Carter Cuteness Update and other P family miscellaneous info

Wow, I hadn't realized it's been that long since I posted on this blog. I have been updating my pregnancy blog but only about once a week. It's just more difficult now to a) upload pictures and b) find time to actually get on the computer without little fingers wanting to touch all of the keys. I do have some Valentine's pictures to post as soon as I can upload them.

So, what's new with us? Theo is still working hard as always and has been working incredibly long hours. He hasn't even seen Carter since Saturday and probably won't get to see him until tomorrow.....maybe. I have been enjoying staying home with Carter. I will admit I do miss working a little...but definitely not enough to go back right now. I am most likely going to go back to school next year. I know, what can I say, I'm a total geek! I have always loved school and obviously can't get enough of it. If I do decide to go back, it will be to get a doctorate. This particular program is the Doctor of Nursing Practice. There is some speculation in the nursing world that by the year 2015, all new nurse practitioner's will be required to have this doctorate degree. The already exsisting NPs like myself will most likely be grandfathered in. But if I want to be competitive in the job market, I feel like I should go back for this degree. Plus, what I really want to do is teaching at a nursing school. Most universities require a doctoral degree for the nursing program. So that's another reason. Plus, there are a few online programs so while I'm home for a while with kids, I might as well go back, right? :)

So what's new with Carter? He's still his adorable, but demanding self most days. Last Friday we went to this indoor bouncy castle place with some of his friends and they had a blast! I meant to bring my camera but the battery died. So next time, I'll get pics. Yesterday we spent the day at Omaw's and Papaw's house. He always loves visiting them. I can't wait for summer when he can go swimming in their pool! The cutest thing he's done recently is I showed him a picture of himself and asked him "Who is this?" He said "That's Carter. He's soooo cute!" I said "Yes, he most certainly is!". He gets that part of his personality from his daddy for sure! He is talking nonstop and his vocabulary grows daily. He is speaking more and more in Spanish thanks to Diego and Dora. He is slowly but surely starting to try some new foods....some by way of deception on my part (i.e. carrots chopped up on his pizza). Hey, whatever works! Life here is good. We're going to be taking a couple of trips in the next few weeks to visit friends. I'm really looking forward to that. Daddy won't get to come but that's okay. He'll be working. Someone has to put food on the table! That's it in a nutshell for now. More to come sooner rather than later....

No comments: