Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who Needs Handy Mandy

.....when you have Handy Jaime! For those of you who don't have small children at home and may not know who Handy Manny is, allow me to explain. Handy Manny is a spanish cartoon in which the main character is a handy man/Mr. fix-it.



I have crossed over to the world of home improvement projects and successfully used a power tool for the first time today! This is a huge accomplishment for me because I have always been terrifed that I would somehow manage to drill a hole in the wall or create some other disaster. But today, I told myself I would no longer be ruled by fear :)





This so called project was a very minor one. I don't know if any of you who have been to our house noticed that some of our door knobs on the inside of the house were spray painted silver. Yes, I am the one who spray painted them. When I was trying to update our house a couple of years ago, I changed out the hardware in the kitchen and bathrooms from brassy gold to silver/brushed nickel. All of our door knobs were brassy gold. At the time, I didn't want to spend the money on replacing them all so I got this idea from a Real Simple magazine to just paint them. This worked...for a while, until the paint started to wear off.

So today, we went to Home Depot, bought a few new knobs and I installed them all by myself (with a little help from my handy husband. Now we only need 11 more and everything will match!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of power tools. You are now an official tool diva!

Crazy Family said...

Unfortunately, John likes power tools as well, probably too much as we have never moved from a house and been able to take the shelves with us. (They will be on the walls FOREVER)!