Thursday, March 8, 2012

Belated Valentine's Day

I know I'm only almost a month behind but I wanted to document our Valentine's Day for my own sake. It was a little overshadowed with everything that happened with Olivia but I managed to grab a few photos of the two older ones opening their mailboxes.
I didn't do a whole lot this year but had gotten them mailboxes at Joanns several weeks before and filled them with candy and bubbles. Olivia thought it was neat she had her very own mailbox.
Isaiah even had his own box but was still asleep for the festivities.
Carter was so excited because he got a new Veggietales computer game (which he has played with literally everyday since then) and a new coloring book.
Olivia loved her princess ring pops but didn't actually eat them :)
Theo sent me some chocolates and a heart necklace. I am thankful for such a thoughtful husband. I got him a NY Giants Super Bowl shirt and some candy. The kids also made him some pretty precious artwork and we mailed that too. 

My greatest present though was my mom flying in early to help with Olivia. It was such an emotional roller coaster of a week. Monday night we thought Livie was going to have to go to the hospital so I called mom crying and of course she immediately made arrangements to fly up early the next day. Then we were told Olivia was fine and I felt a huge amount of guilt having asked my mom to spend an arm and a leg to change her plane tickets. But fortunately, God had a plan. Because at our pulmonology appointment that Thursday in Denver (which I almost canceled because Olivia was doing so much better), the pulmonologist wanted to admit her and do the bronchoscope the next day. So after all that, I was truly glad mom had come up early and I didn't feel so guilty. I also have to give a huge shout out to my best friend Meredith. I don't know how I could have survived the whole ordeal without her (or mom too). She let us stay the night at her house, got up at five a.m., drove us to the hospital, stayed with us for several hours and provided more emotional support than I could ever say. Olivia was thrilled to have spent so much time with Aunt "Meresis".

So Valentine's Day wasn't all we were hoping it would be but I'm so thankful that week of my life is over with and that Olivia is doing so much better. I am also so thankful and blessed to have these great loves of my life!
We have a little over two weeks until daddy gets home and I couldn't be more happy. I'm also so happy for my good friend Georgette who's husband is coming home from Afghanistan Sunday! Can't wait to meet back up with them in Louisiana this summer!!!

Haven't been blogging much since Theo left but did manage to take some pictures a few days ago. Will post those later. Hope you all have a great week!

No comments: