Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Carribean Salad

I made this salad for lunch today and it was so good, I thought I'd share it with you. Here is my version of the recipe:

Layer romaine lettuce, chicken breast strips (I used Tyson's that comes already pre-cut. You find in the lunch meat section), black beans, tomato, and mango.

The dressing is really yummy and I think it would be a good marinade too:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of cinnamon
pepper to taste
3 cloves of minced garlic

Shake well and chill for an hour. Here is what it looks like:



__________________________________________________

On a different note, head over to my pregnancy blog and check out my new blog makeover. I am a blog making over fool the past two days. Fortunately, now I've got the instructions down and so it didn't take me near as long today as it did yesterday. The picture on my header is when I was pregnant with Carter (NOT this pregnancy)

1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

That looks delicious!!! Can't wait to try it myself...