Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My new toy and other random things

My sweet husband bought me my own laptop this weekend! I'm not complaining about his motives but I know he was tired of me monopolizing his laptop so he just got me my own. We've been looking for a while but I insisted on not spending much money. All I need is Microsoft Word and the internet. Now I have both on a very nice new computer! Now I only need to get a new printer that prints on 12 x 12 paper for my scrapbooking....hmmm, I'll have to save some money for that :)



_____________________

I bought Carter a new "big brother" t-shirt a few weeks ago.



It was finally warm enough to wear out this weekend. I should have taken pictures of the whole outfit because the shorts are sooooo cute with the shirt. It was 80 degrees this weekend and yesterday. But this morning, we had to put on our winter coats to leave the house. Only in Louisiana. Good thing I didn't put away the winter clothes yet.
_____________________

Praise the Lord, Carter was his normal sweet, only occasionally whiny, self yesterday.



He was so whiny this weekend. Ask anyone who happened to talk on the phone to me the past few days and they witnessed how whiny he was and how annoyed I was! I finally got him some prescription cough medicine and he's done much better since then and sleeping much better through the night. I knew he was pushing our limits when even Theo (jokingly, he claims) said "Well, I guess after this baby, we won't be having any more kids!". He never says that. Quite the opposite, he wants a house full of children. I'm not totally convinced yet!

_______________________

I am finally going to get a haircut today. It's only been 6 months since I've had one. When you see me living in ponytails for several days straight, that's when you know it's time for me to get a haircut. I've been debating back and forth on letting it grow out. It grew so fast when I was pregnant with Carter that I was tempted to grow it out again. But I'm so sick of this mess right now that I want it short! I'll post pictures later.
________________________

Carter and I are leaving this weekend to go visit some dear friends of ours in Mississippi and Alabama. I'm excited to see our friends but a little anxious about the car ride. The longest he has been in the car has been four hours to go visit my dad in Baton Rouge. But we have the portable dvd player and new diego movies, and prescription cough medicine that makes him sleepy, to help us along the way. But pray for us that we have a safe and enjoyable trip!

1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

Have fun on your trip and good luck
too!!!