Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Celebrating eight years and catching up!

Wow, it's really been a month since I've been able to blog anything. Well, today is our 8 year wedding anniversary! Quite an accomplishment if I do say so myself. I am so incredibly blessed to have Theo as my husband. He is a wonderful man, amazing husband, and great father. He gets me like no one else does and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else! I love you babe!! Here's to 62 more years :)

So, what have we been up to? Well, we are trying to  enjoy our last few weeks here in Colorado before heading back to Louisiana.  Theo and I were able to squeeze in several dates while his parents were here for a month. One of them was to go bowling on base. We had THE best time. We laughed, we played around, we celebrated. It was amazing and a much needed break from the hectic everyday life of parents :)
 I even beat Theo one game which is unheard of! I didn't gloat too much though.

We were even able to sneak away for an overnight date downtown. We met our friends Amy and Jeff for dinner at a brewing company we had been wanting to try.


 Theo had gotten us a room at the Antlers Hilton and it did not disappoint! Theo really outdid himself. I am so proud of all the effort and planning he put into our first overnight date in almost two years.

That Saturday, Theo, Pop Pops and Carter went to their first Sky Sox game of the year. I think the older fellas had a good time but I think the youngest one was a little too whiny :)

Other than that, we have been trying to get out of the house, try new places to eat, spend lots of time outside, and try to keep from going crazy with this big move! But we couldn't be more excited about it and we are thrilled to be moving closer to home (at least home for me!)

1 comment:

The Shoemakers said...

YAY for coming home...enjoy the low humidity! It's so hot and thick you could cut the air with a knife!!