Friday, June 5, 2009

Belated Birthday

Today, Carter and I spent the day with my mom and she cooked some of my favorite foods for my belated birthday lunch. It was such a relaxing day and Lord knows I needed that! The pool was a little chilly but that didn't stop us from playing in it. We didn't get out until Carter's lips turned a pale shade a blue and he was shivering all over. Who would have thought it would have been too cold to get in the pool in JUNE!! I mean, it's Louisiana for crying out loud.

 
Posted by Picasa








After we got out of the pool, Carter played with bubbles and side walk chalk.






This is Carter giving Omaw a pedicure....


And this is me without any make-up on.....



While Carter napped, I took a bath in my mom's tub. If you have never seen this bathroom, it's like a mini spa vacation! I told mom she needed to take pictures of it and send it the better homes and gardens. It's that nice of a bathroom. I soaked in the jet whirlpool tub for a good half hour and it could have been the best bath I have ever taken! Ahhhhhh, I was in heaven.

After my bath and Carter's nap came more playing while my mom and I surfed the net for all things baby/Carter related. It was a great day.

For my birthday present, my mom got me a sewing machine! I have been wanting one but didn't know what to get. It's also the same kind she has so she is going to give me lessons. Theo said he already has "work" for me to do :) I know he'll be so thankful when I learn how to sew. I look forward to teaching my daughter when she's old enough. I can't wait to start. Thank you mom for a wonderful birthday! I love you more everyday.

4 comments:

Laney said...

Boo Hoo! I can't get the pictures to open. Only the first one shows.

The Shoemakers said...

Mine too..must be something wrong with the page loading it :( I bet there cute though

Jaime said...

Sorry about the picture glitch. I tried a new "faster" way but apparently, it didn't work. So I re-uploaded them the old fashioned way. You should be able to see them now.

Carol said...

It WAS a wonderful day for me as well. Let's do it again real soon. I love you more!