Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sewing 101

Carter and I made a trip out to my mom's house yesterday. While he was napping, I got my first sewing lesson! Mom got me a sewing machine for my birthday which is being serviced right now so I practiced on hers. I learned how to thread the machine, bobbin, cut out a pattern, and started on my first outfit for baby girl. It's the same pattern my mom used to make this outfit:


The fabric is yellow with bunny rabbits flying airplanes. But it's girly despite the airplanes. If you click on the picture, you can see an enlarged version that shows the details of the fabric.


Totally appropriate for us, right? I'm so thrilled. I am hoping to get a few more lessons in before we move. I have always wanted to sew and am very thankful for the opportunity to finally learn how and have my own machine (and mom's patience!). I'll post pictures of all things I make. Just call me June Cleaver.....NOT! :)

No comments: