Sunday, February 14, 2010

Made with love


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Theo and I celebrated Valentine's Day last night since he is working tonight. I made him one of his favorite meals, curry chicken and rice and peas, we broke out our china, put the kids down a little early, and had a nice romantic dinner at home. It was nice. Then we watched part of Slumdog Millionaire. This morning we went to church together and now we are home and he's getting ready for work.

We took this family picture today. No outside photos for us today because it is FREEZING outside! I looked out the window and was deceived because it's all bright and sunny outside but when you step out of the door, the wind is blowing hard and making it bone chilling cold outside.

As I look at this picture of us, I am so thankful our children were made with love. Theo and I love each other more than anything and our children are a reflection of our love for each other. I love being a part of this family and am blessed everyday to have such a great husband and amazing children. Yes, there are moments when I would love nothing more than to take a cruise to a tropical island....ALONE :) but all in all at the end of the day, I have so much to be thankful for. I want to model love to our children everyday...not only love towards them but more importantly love towards Theo. When are children are grown, I want them to be able to look to their parents as a model of what love is and how husbands and wives are supposed to treat each other. I realize this is no easy task and I think Theo and I both struggle with this frequently. I am striving to put him first which is hard with a toddler and infant but I want Theo to know how much he matters to me. My relationship with our children is better when my relationship with Theo is at it's best. I am trying to love them all with a Christlike love because that is the best example of selfless, sacrificial, and unconditional love there is. Happy Valentine's Day!

(Also made with love is her jumper. I made this (with much help from mom) after Christmas. There is a matching hooded little coat too but she didn't have that on for the picture. I haven't sewed anything since mom left because I still need a lot of help before I can attempt anything on my own!)

2 comments:

The Shoemakers said...

Cute Family :)

ruslinga said...

Beautiful family! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day!