Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte


I found this recipe on this crockpot blog a couple of months ago. Even though this recipe calls for it to made in the crockpot (Ha! I just typed crackpot by mistake!!), I just put it in a pan and put it on low heat. I'm sure the outcome is the same. Anyway, this recipes has saved me much money by not going to starbucks this winter. I'm not saying it's as good as starbucks but it's close!

1/3 cup of strongly brewed coffee or espresso (I use the coffee cup I'm going to actually drink it in as my measuring cup so it's probably a little more than 1/3 of a regular measuring cup)
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
pumpkin spice sprinkled in pan to taste

Whisk all ingredients over low heat on stove until warm. Top with cool whip and cinnamon! Delicious!! (Don't boil it or it will get a film of milk in it which is kinda yucky. I learned this the hard way!)

1 comment:

ruslinga said...

Thanks for always posting your wonderful recipes, you're so sweet. I hope you're staying warm!!