Monday, February 8, 2010

You know it's cold when....



Carter's swingset has icicles hanging off of it! Don't worry, these pictures were taken inside our nice cozy warm house from our office window! I ain't going out in the snow if I don't have to!! It started snowing yesterday but it was mostly slush and it didn't stick. Well, sometime last night it really started coming down. And now the houses, yards, streets are covered in a most beautiful white fluffy snow. I am skipping yoga today because Theo is home, Olivia is napping and I am still in my pajamas and it's almost noon. It is just one of those days to stay inside and hang out with my family.

In other news, Carter seems to have recovered from whatever made him throw up all night last night. He is his cheerful self this morning and has been playing with Roxy (pictures to come later). Olivia has had three nights of 8 hour sleep and last night she went from 8:30 until 4 a.m.!!! Praise God for that! Now because Carter was sick and in our bed, I didn't sleep that great but am thankful for the long stretches of not having to feed Livie at night. She is also rolling over now. Not all the time but can do it without any help. She rolls from her back to her tummy. Theo hasn't seen her do it yet so he is a little skeptical :)

Carter, Olivia and I are also flying to Louisiana next week. We'll be there for two weeks and Carter is literally counting down the days. I can't wait for the rest of my family to meet Olivia. I know they will fall totally in love with her like mom and dad and Theo's parents have! I was a little nervous about flying with the two kids by myself but there is no way I'm driving with both of them alone! I'm not too anxious about it now other than I only have a 40 minute layover. I think Olivia will be fine. It's dealing with Carter that I'm a little worried about. But he is so excited to be flying on an airplane to Weezyana (Louisiana) that I think he will do fine. But pray for us anyway!

1 comment:

The Shoemakers said...

Yay!! Hope the flight process goes smoothly :) C u soon...