Friday, December 31, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday: Fondue for Two

A couple of nights before Christmas, I decided to bust out my fondue pot. I had wanted one for several years and finally mom got me one. But sadly to say, I've only used it twice in the over year I've had it. Moving gave me a chance to see what all I actually own and so I'm making an effort to use what I have instead of buying more stuff!

I found this recipe months ago and thought I'd give it a try. It was really tasty. The only thing is that Theo and I like our beef cooked well done so it took quite a while to cook in the pot. So we cheated a little and ended up throwing it in the skillet and cooking it for a while first and then putting it back in the pot. There is also a dipping sauce I made and added to it a little because it tasted way too oily.  
 I also made shrimp fried rice using the recipe on the fried rice seasoning mix and it turned out quite tasty. 
 Don't worry, it's sparkling white grape juice!


On a different note, we have no plans tonight. Theo volunteered to work the 7 pm to 7 am shift for a young guy who's married and doesn't have kids yet. He told him that I would be asleep by 9:00 so he might as well work and let this guy go out! The weather is frightful here! It took Theo over 2 hours to get home last night. The snow came in a fury. I'm praying he has a safe trip to work tonight and back home in the morning. I'm so thankful I went grocery shopping early yesterday and thank you grocery store for "expectant mother" parking spaces! A godsend these past few weeks!

Carter and Olivia are doing pretty well.  Carter randomly threw up again yesterday morning. We had planned on going to Denver to visit Meredith but that was put on hold (I'm so glad too because the weather was fierce around 2:00 yesterday!) He has been doing that sporadically lately. But then he was fine. Who knows? Olivia has been better at night but it's hit or miss. Last night she was up a lot but the night before, she slept a good 9 hours before making a peep.  Carter has been saying some pretty cute things lately which I will blog about another day.

Our landlords came by yesterday and gave us our security deposit and we gave them the garage door openers and extra keys. So we're officially done with the moving! Well, except for our swingset. It feels good to have that done. And nice to have our deposit money back! We also have renters for our Louisiana house which should be moving in within the next week or so I beleive. What an answered prayer. We hired a property manager which will make our lives sooooo much easier! We don't have the time to do it all or the ability to travel back down south everytime something happens. So this guy will be quite a blessing for us.

I hope you all have a wonderful last day of 2010! Look out 2011, here we come!

No comments: