Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Beethoven



As most of you probably know, I play the piano. I took lessons for about 8 years when I was younger. I love to play but have a fear of actually playing in front of people. The short version of the story behind my fear is the first time I ever played in church, I messed up so BAD that I just stopped all together. I can't even remember if I made it all the way through "What Child is This" but I remember going to sit back down in the pew and just crying! But I absolutely love playing. Before my grandmother passed away, every time we had a family get together and there was a piano around, she would always ask me in her can't-say-no-to-me sweet voice to play something for her. Of course, I always did. And even though my songs were usually riddled with mistakes, I could always see in her eyes how happy she was hearing me play. The last time I was out visiting my mom, she asked me to play something for her too. Like mother, like daughter I suppose...I know it would make my grandma so very happy to see Carter climb on my piano bench and pound away on those keys. When he is old enough to understand, I will teach him how to play. He loves music and I think he'll be very receptive to learning how to play once he's older. But his "songs" now are still music to my ears. Hopefully one day God will give me the courage to play for others again. For now, I'll let Carter be the musical entertainer of the family!




1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

Keep on playing you cute little naked boy!!!