Thursday, October 16, 2008

To Work or Not To Work


We enjoyed having a long weekend with us both being off for Columbus Day. Theo was able to get a lot done around the house. I was able to go to Hobby Lobby (my favorite shopping place) and run a few other errands. We hung out with Carter a lot, babysat some good friends of ours kids (one of whom is our adorable goddaughter). Sunday we went to church and Carter stayed in the nursery the whole time despite his buddies not being there. This is a huge accomplishment for him. Being with Carter and Theo for the long weekend really reinforced how much I miss being home. I know that I went back to school for a reason but I know God has spoken so clearly to me that at this point in my life, I should be home with my family. I am in no way condemning moms that have or want to work. I have a new understanding and respect for working moms since I've been one for a year and a half now. But I know my heart is at home. Yes, there are times I feel overwhelmed at the thought of being home 24 hours a day 7 days a week with Carter. However, as several of my friends have reminded me, time goes by so fast and in three years, he will be in kindergarten and I won't be able to stay home with him. (No homeschooling for this family!) All of this is to say please pray for me that I have a peace about staying home and the courage to leave work because I know wholeheartedly that being at home right now is God's will for my life.

1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

You are going to be a wonderful "stay-at-homer"! I miss you so much!!! XOXOXOXO to my Carter man!