Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pure Chaos

To say our house looks like a natural disaster came through it would be the understatement of the year. It is pure CHAOS here at our home. Fortunately, my friend, Margo, from work finished painting Carter's room yesterday so all of his stuff is semi back in its rightful place. But I can't say much for the rest of the house. Our garage, laundry room, hallway, den, and all bedrooms are crammed with stuff that doesn't belong. It is a madhouse here. It is driving me a little bonkers but I know it's only temporary.







I really can't wait to get settled in our new house in our lovely new state! I have always wanted to live in Colorado....ever since I was younger and my family took a few camping trips there. It's funny how the Lord worked it out for me. I probably never would have had the opportunity to live there had I not married Theo. Of course all of you who know us are more than welcome to come for a visit just about any time. The only exception is right after baby girl is born because we want to get settled with her first. But after the first few weeks, everyone is welcome! We will finally have a guest room....at least until baby #3 comes along :) Yes, we are already talking about a third baby but obviously won't make any definite plans until baby #2 is here and a few months old!

Two more days until the packers come. I posted a question on facebook for my friends to answer regarding moving and am grateful for all of the advice. I'm so anxious about having too much junk. I don't know how we got to this point. I can't blame Theo for all of it :) because I most certainly have a lot of stuff too. We are both working on purging a lot of stuff this weekend. Praise God we sold some of our furniture and a local charity is coming to pick up what's left on Tuesday! Goodwill wouldn't come until the 25th so I was a little worried about who would come get it. So I prayed about it and when I called the other charity, the lady said "How about Tuesday the 14th betweent 1 and 4:00?" I was like thank you Lord. That was perfect timing. I have a doctor's appointment that morning and then the packers are coming Wednesday at 8:00 so it truly was perfect!

We put a "for rent" sign up yesterday and have already had two calls about the house. I am trusting God to find us renters in a timely manner so this burden will be off of our shoulders. I really am trying to keep stress to a minimum for the baby's sake but it sure has been hard. I know things could always be worse so I'm thankful that so far, everything is working out. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we get ready to close one chapter of our lives and open another!

No comments: