Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

I hope you are all having fun celebrating our country's independence. What a joy it is to live in this nation. Although it's not perfect, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

We have had a fun-filled weekend so far with more to come tonight. Last night, we met some friends at a local church for a pre-July 4th celebration. It took Carter a little while to warm up but once he got a hot dog in his system, he was playing like crazy. They had bouncy castles inside that he couldn't get enough of.




It was time to leave though when the fireworks started because as we suspected, he was terrified of them. This boy is so funny about sounds......especially loud booming ones. This morning we slept in and then headed to sci-port. This was the first time Theo has gone with us in a long time and I think he enjoyed it more that Carter :)







Tonight we are headed to a minor league baseball game....Carter's first sporting event! We'll stay as long as we can but it is so hot here that I'm not making Theo any promises as to how long I'm willing to endure the heat. I'll try and post pictures of the game tomorrow or early next week.

Tomorrow we'll head to church and then relax for the rest of the day. I loving hanging out with my two favorite fellas!

____________________________________________________

In other news, my friend from work has been coming over to paint the inside of our house. Right now, the house is an absolute disaster with very few things in their rightful place. The chaos is driving me a little crazy but I guess it's all part of preparing to move. I just wish we had painted years ago because I think it's going to turn out fabulous. We currently have mostly white walls everywhere...boring....and now I'm being a little bold and painting the walls a very light taupe. I know, I'm really getting all crazy with the paint color. The kitchen is painted a darker taupe and isn't too much different from the original color. She is also repainting the trim for us to cover all the mistakes I made when I painted a few years ago. I don't think I'll ever be allowed to paint again but that's okay! I'll stick to scrapbooking and sewing.

No comments: