Thursday, January 21, 2010

I just realized...

today is the anniversary of my grandma's death. I can't believe it's already been three years. I even called my mom today and didn't mention it. I'm sorry mom. I knew the day was coming and it wasn't until I read my mom's blog that I realized the day was today.

What an incredible woman she was. I wish I had written down everything she has ever said to me...all the wisdom, all the stories. I wish I had written a book. She was filled with so much wisdom and love. There is nothing she wouldn't do for someone she loved.

I think about her all the time. I wish more than anything she would have gotten the chance to hold my baby girl. She would have loved her gorgeous curly hair. I know she would have spent hours rubbing Livie's sweet little head. I know she would be so thrilled with how smart and handsome Carter is and how he loves Jesus and has such a tender heart. I think she would be proud of the man Theo is. I hope she would be proud of the wife and mother I have become. We miss and love you grandma and know we will see you again!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sweet... I love the piture. I think Mom was happiest when she was holding one of her babies!