Monday, July 5, 2010

Our weekend

It was so nice to have Theo home for four days straight! What a rare and wonderful treat! Thursday night we went miniature golfing.






I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I so enjoyed spending that time with my family.

Saturday, we went to the mall to get Carter some new shoes (since he complains everytime he wears his old shoes that they hurt his feet!). Other than that, our Saturday was uneventful.

Sunday, I took Carter to church with me and Theo took Olivia to mass. He said everyone there was impressed with what a good baby she was during church :) Theo worked in the garage most of the afternoon and then he grilled us some burgers (mine veggie of course). It started hailing here like crazy so I'm pretty sure they cancelled the fireworks show at the AF Academy.

It's also apparently illegal to do any fireworks "that start with a flame" here in Colorado. Well, how many don't start with a flame? Except maybe those little things you throw down on the ground and they make popping noises. That is totally fine with me. Carter was so terrified of the fireworks we saw last year that I was not going to go down that road again this year!

Today, I managed a 20 minute workout at the Y before I had to go pick up a fussy Olivia. Then we all went to Lowe's. This afternoon, we attempted to go hiking at the Academy.



I say attempted because there are apparently only two entry points to the trail we were trying to go to and we were not anywhere close to either of those points. We decided to try and find our own way and along that path we saw a snake! It kinda creeped me out after that. So we got back in the car and drove to the trail entry points. At least next time we'll know where to go. Now, Theo is outside grilling again and I'm blogging! Gotta run and help him with dinner. I hope you all had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Looks like you guys had a busy and fun weekend. I really like your stroller!