Thursday, July 29, 2010

Random Ramblings

Sorry, no cute pictures of the kids this morning. Yesterday, I took them hiking at Garden of the gods. I brought my camera but the battery was dead! I was so disappointed because the view while walking the trail was stunning. I kept thinking how amazing it was that God created all of this. Definitely one of His finest masterpieces.

I got quite the workout while we were there. Everyone that passed me commented "Wow, you sure are getting your exercise!" And one woman passed me and said "Well, no wonder why Colorado is such a healthy state!" It was funny because all of these people were thinking I was this big poster child for health but little do they know I often eat brownies for breakfast! Ha!

Speaking of health, I have started eating meat again. The GI symptoms I had that caused me to give up meat have returned with a vengeance. So I thought if I'm going to be sick, I might as well eat what I want. Life is much too short to deprive myself. And so far, it's been a week and I haven't been sick again! I tore UP some fried chicken last week! It was some of the best fried chicken I've ever eat...maybe because it had been almost 9 months since I had eaten some. Yummmmmmmmmm! Now I can actually eat the food I cook. I've been making some really great recipes too that I will hopefully remember to share later.

Olivia's pink eye is doing much better. I think I have her sinus mess but no pink eye fortunately. We all had a pretty good day yesterday and spent a lot of time playing. We have been trying to get outside as much as possible before we're snowed in much of the winter!

I am going on a tv fast for a while. Not sure for how long. The only thing I'll really miss is my food network. Y'all know how I just love my girl Paula! I have been trying to convince Theo to do it as well but no such luck. I think that is his main way to relax at the end of a long day. Don't get me wrong, I love me some tv but I'm trying to make better use of my time. I have been reading like crazy and just finished a really good book called Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I highly recommend it. I'm about to start The Murderer's Daughter so I'll let you know how that one is.

We don't have any big plans for the rest of the week. I'm really looking forward to Theo being home this weekend and not working on that paper (which he finally turned in!) Hope you all have a good one!

No comments: