Monday, March 14, 2011

Our weekend

Friday Theo only worked a half day which was so nice! We had a playdate that morning with Kelly and Guy and right as they were leaving, Theo got home. It's so nice having him home :) He spent some time outside trying to fix my CD player in the truck, which has been broken for months. The CD that's stuck in there is a WOW Christmas CD (not something I necessarily want to listen to in March!)

Saturday we did our usual errand running to Target. We went to see this new gym in town that they are building and should be complete in May. But despite all of it's fancy newness and huge facility, I just don't think I want to leave the Y. You have to make childcare reservations there 48 hours in advance they only take 8 infants at a time. They are expecting 4000 people to join so I'm sure there will be more than 8 infants there at a time. There is no indoor track for Theo and no raquetball courts. Besides, the pool at our new Y is really nice and probably not that much different than anything else. So we'll see. When it opens, I may change my mind but based on the virtual tour, I don't think I want to spend the extra money at this point.

Saturday night we went out to eat with some friends (some of whom I haven't seen in a few years) and then went bowling afterwards. Isaiah did surprisingly well and slept almost the whole time. I kept waiting for a drunk bowler to spill alcohol on him since he was on the floor in his carseat but all went well and we had a good time. Shane and Kelly were there which was so nice because they helped us with Olivia. She (Olivia, not Kelly!) kept trying to run down the lane and I was afraid she was going to be a human bowling pin! :) We didn't get home until after 9:00 which is really late for us these days but all the kids did well. Carter was his normal crazy hyper self around our friends but other than that, I really can't complain.

 I wish I had brought my camera but we don't travel light these days so anything I can leave behind, I do!

On Saturday, this little one also turned 18 months old! Can't believe she's a year and a half old! Six more months until her second birthday. That is just crazy :)
Sunday was my day to volunteer at church. I was dreading it a little since we stayed out so late and it was the time change. But Isaiah and I made it there right on time and the ladies I volunteer with were so happy to see me since they were short of adults yesterday! They kids even said prayers over baby Isaiah and it was just so sweet. I love the children's ministry at church because they are really teaching the kids how to have a heart for God.
 Carter woke up with a cold so we let him skip church yesterday and school today because I'm pretty sure he had a fever this morning.

 I can't say for sure because I can't find our non-rectal thermomenter!

At this moment, all of my kids are napping. I am listening to a Hillsong CD, and for a few minutes, there is peace. There is a quietness not frequently known by this home. There are children with sweet dreams floating through their minds. There is a lull of the baby swing as Isaiah rocks quitely back and forth. Today, I am grateful for this moment.

1 comment:

The Shoemakers said...

Wow sounds like you are doin great with 3. I think it is true that 1 to 2 is hard but once you can handle multiples then the third isn't so drastic. Granite yours are all younger than mine but I would guess it would be about the same :)Miss yall!