Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you all had a wonderful one. This was the first year that we spent Thanksgiving just the five of us. It was a really good day. Of course it helps that we have an overwhelming large amount of things to be thankful for. God has richly blessed us. Especially this past year with the addition of Isaiah to our family. Can you guess what he's thankful for? I'll give you a clue...he's very attached to them (his two fingers!) :)
We are also incredibly blessed to be the parents of these two, who I might add were so well behaved yesterday while their daddy and I spent most of the day preparing our feast. With the exception of one ten minute meltdown at the end of the meal, they played so sweetly together and were very happy yesterday.
Even though it was just the five of us, we made a ton of food. Thanksgiving is Theo's favorite holiday and one of this top five most favorite meals so we had to do it up right! He prepared and carved the turkey.
Our other turkey, Mr. Gobble Gobble, also made his debut!
We also made several sides: mashed potatoes and gravy, corn casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rice and peas, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. We ate good yesterday!!
This guy waited patiently all day for the dessert.....apple pie!
My favorite part besides the food was decorating our table. We used our china and I used what I had to make a beautiful tablescape (if I do say so myself!)
We went on a "nature" walk this week (really I just needed to go to the post office but we turned it into a spontaneous nature walk!) and Carter had fun collecting pinecones. They are pretty hard to come by around these parts. I realized I miss the abundance of pine trees that you see in the south.

This year we did a thankful jar and Theo, Carter and I would write on pieces of paper what we were thankful for. We read them out loud at dinner. Some of the things in our jar were: friends at school, Mrs. L (Carter's former teacher), candy, toys, healthy children, a loyal husband who works hard to provide for us, family, spectacular views, completing my first 5K, health insurance and a wonderful pediatrician, just to name a few. I think this will be a tradition of ours from now on. I hope to leave the jar out all year round so we can practice gratitude on a daily basis and not just one month a year.

We hope your lives are blessed and that you have much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments: