Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Our weekend

We had a four day weekend and it was great to have Theo home with us for four whole days! Friday night, we went out to eat at TGI Friday's. Considering we had to wait for over an hour, the kids to great! My meal was one of the best meals I've had since moving here which is sad it came from a national chain :) I love Colorado but the food here leaves a lot to be desired!

So, to help avoid disaster of an hour wait in the restaraunt, we spent half that time in the car. And in an attempt for me to get more pictures with my sexy husband, this is a self-portrait. I love how you can see Carter in the background :)
Isaiah got his first driving lesson
I promise the kids were more happy than how they look here!
Saturday night we were supposed to double date with our friends Amy and Jeff. We'd been planning this for a couple of weeks and realized neither of us had double dated with any other couples (without our kids in tow) since we moved to Colorado! But unfortunately, their youngest son was sick so we had to cancel. Theo and I had already arranged for our neighbor to babysit so we went out anyway.
What did we do, you ask? Well, we had the most exciting night evah! We went to Dick's Sporting Goods, Whole Foods, and Best Buy. Theo really wanted to someone more adventurous but as we perusing the washer and dryer aisle of Best Buy, I told him it was so nice to be able to just do everyday things without chasing our kids through Best Buy and having to spend ten minutes in the kid movie aisle repeating "No, we're not buying that today" :)

Sunday, we went to our churches. It was Sunday to volunteer. I have to say I tear up every single time I watch a room full of six and seven year olds worshipping God. I hope we are raising our kids to be worshippers and to follow after God whole-heartedly!

That afternoon, I got some cuddle time with this little fella

I rocked him and sang to him until the desired effect was achieved
I was reminiscing of this day....

Where have the past nine months gone? Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: