Friday, December 5, 2008

"The Boys are Back in Town"

You all remember that song right? I thought it was a perfect title for this blog post. Theo and Carter arrived safely home Wednesday night. And when I tell you my boy was excited to see me, it's an understatement. I was in the car picking them up and I had to pull up a few feet to park and Carter began screaming hysterically because he thought I was leaving again. Once he realized I wasn't, he jumped out of the stroller and threw his arms around me. It was so sweet and I don't think I have ever been happier to see him. I took the day off yesterday to spend time with my two fave fellas. It was nice. We decorated our Christmas tree last night, Theo lit a fire, and we listened to Christmas music. My definition of a perfect Christmas tradition. Unfortunately Carter had a rough night. It took him half an hour to fall asleep on his own and then he woke up a half dozen times crying in the night. I'm praying he'll have a smooth transition going back to sleep in his own bed.

While we were in NY, we went to the city and saw the Intrepid, a Naval aircraft carrier/museum. Theo really wanted Carter to experience this. It was a neat thing to see and if Carter had not been acting so terrible that day (and I do mean truly terrible!!), we probably would have had a much better time.

Alas, I digress.....I wanted to post some pictures of our visit. Note to self: toddlers can not fully appreciate the value of visiting a military museum and learning about naval history. We will definitely not do this again until he is older :)


3 comments:

Crazy Family said...

Even if he was terrible... he sure is CUTE!!!

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

How could you think that precious boy was truly terrible?