Monday, December 22, 2008

Prego Patrol



Kim, Kaliina, and Caraline......in 2006, we were all pregnant at the same time. What a bunch of hormonal fun we all had together. This picture was taken the weekend in June when we went on a girls road trip to Dallas. This was definitely one of the most fun girl things I have ever done! Kim and Kaliina were pregnant with their second babies and Caraline and I were pregnant with our first babies. It was this weekend that I first realized I was having Braxton hicks contractions. We were walking through the mall and I told Kim that I was having a tightening feeling in my belly. I was only about 24 weeks at the time. She said I was having Braxton hicks. I was like no way! Sure enough, Kim was right.

Kim and I both graduated from nursing school together. I have known her longer than I've known Theo. She left nursing temporarily and now runs her on cake business. And man, she can bake! I admire Kim so much. She is a wonderful wife and a fantastic mother. She makes it look easy and fun to be a mom. She and her husband are the social mecca of our group. Now that they have moved a few states away, we don't see them near as much but we are excited they have this amazing God-given career opporunity.

Kaliina is another member of the prego patrol. We have a lot in common, especially our love of books. While Theo and I were dating, some of the "work" wives started a book club and invited me. I never will forget our first book club selection picked (title will not be mentioned here :) ). Kaliina knows what I'm talking about! We stuck with the book club for a long time until we all started having babies. I miss our monthly get togethers which a lot of times consisted of talking a little about the book and a lot about life and love. Kaliina is a blast to be around and I do believer Carter is falling in love with her two year old daughter. Kaliina never hesitates to welcome people into her home. She is a great wife and mom! Now that several of our friends have moved, Kaliina and I share a common bond in that we sometimes feel "left behind". I'm glad her family is still here with us. Don't know what I'd do without them!

Caraline is the fourth member of the prego patrol. We were both pregnant with our first babies the same time. It was so exciting to share all of the things I was experiencing with someone who knew exactly how I felt. Caraline and I have known each other as long as I've known Kaliina. She was in our book club for a while too. We became friends fast. Something about being from the South tends to make people stick together. Caraline is by far one of the funniest people I have ever known. She makes me laugh every time we talk. Sometimes I think we could be related. Caraline and her family also moved over the summer. I cried all the way home the last time I visited her before she moved. She is only a few hours a way so I am hoping to visit her in the next couple of months. Caraline is an awesome mom and wife and she tells it like it is. That is one thing I love about her the most. She is so real and down to earth.

All of these women are some of my closest friends. They are all beautiful on the inside and outside. I admire them so much and they make me want to be a better woman, wife, and mother. I love you guys more than you will ever know!
*Another friend of ours, Esther, was also pregnant with us. She wasn't able to go on our girls trip with us. She was the first one the pregos to move. We all miss her and her family too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...so, as I'm wiping my eyes, that was so nice of you! Still wiping my eyes (smile), I'm glad things are going better for you. We went through a smiliar situation with Jalen and his diaper. It was SO BAD and frustrating that we both had break downs. Luckily, it was all in his room. That's why we invested in a steam cleaner!!!! Nyla also has started taking her diaper off. However, it's while she is in bed. So, we don't know until we go to get her in the morning and it's a mess! Horrible! So, I feel your pain (from the last few weeks). I'm glad things are better! Merry Christmas! ~K

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet!!! Thanks for all the not deserving compliments. All I can say is Ditto. -Kim.