Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall

There are so many reasons I love fall. And today, fall has officially begun! I have really enjoyed the summer here and am not quite ready for it to end. But I do love fall! I'm so glad God made seasons. Just when you're ready for something new, the seasons change (at least in Colorado anyway!)

So, my top 10 things I love about fall (not in any particular order):

1- Football! This year I am truly hardcore. I have watched most of every LSU and Saints game. I'm missing "home" so that makes me feel more Southern!

2- seeing the leaves change color. I remember when I was in nurse practitioner school, one of the places I had to go was out in Minden. It was shortly after I had Carter so it must have been October. And the drive out there was like nothing I had ever seen before. I wish I had my camera so I could have captured the gorgeous foliage

3- Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes- need I say more?

4- lighting the fireplace. We won't do that much here unfortunately because it sends our gas bill through the roof!!

5- school has started and now that I have a preschooler, it's a fun time!

6- sitting on the couch under a cozy blanket sipping hot chocolate


7- our favorite tv shows start up again

8- decorating the house for fall. I've not been a big Halloween decorator in the past but as Carter gets older, I do like buying Halloween decorations

9- going to the pumpkin patch with the kids


10- knowing Christmas is just right around the corner

Happy Fall everyone!!

1 comment:

The Shoemakers said...

I Love fall too. I love the drive down Keithville-Keachie rd. It is so pretty :)