Friday, September 10, 2010

Party Details

I will admit...I spent a couple of weeks perusing different websites/blogs of people who had amazing birthday parties! I am obviously no professionaly party planner but wanted the kids to have a fun party. So, these are some of the little "extras" we did. All in all, the party wasn't that expensive. I'd say the bulk of the budget was on the decorations.

I had Little Einsteins and ladybug food tags for everything. I made those, along with the invitations and banners, on the scrapbook program Aunt Vickie gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago. That program is awesome and I can do soooo much with it!




Vanilla flavored covered marshmallows (super easy to make. As I was making these, I thought about all of the money I've spent at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The charge $2 for 3 chocolate covered marshmallows! Maybe I should go into the candy making business!)



Fruit kabobs:


We also had two jars filled with candy (one was M&Ms and one was kisses). The kids got to guess how many, with some parental assistance, and whoever got closest won. Yes, I literally counted out 530 M&Ms, which is why I opted for kisses for the second jar. :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

You did a greaat job with the party.