Saturday, January 15, 2011

16 months


Olivia turned 16 months old on Wednesday. She has changed so much over the past couple of months. She is still not walking independently but has taken four steps by herself a couple of days ago. Now, she thinks it's more fun to stand up, take one step, fall on her bottom, laugh and clap hysterically! She can also climb up our stairs and cruise and crawl around at record breaking speeds but just hasn't made her mind up to walk!

She is going (I should already is) to be quite hard-headed....comes from a long line of hard headed women :). She tries to be so independent but is quite the fit thrower if she can't do something or if she doesn't get her way. She refuses to drink milk out of anything but a bottle but will drink water and juice out of any kind of cup. What's up with that? She is still a pretty good eater but it seems like her appetite is slowing down a bit. We're not sure how much she weighs but according to our scale, finally around 20 pounds.

Up until two nights ago (and I'm crossing my fingers as I type this so I won't jink us) was waking up multiple times a night. We would go in there, give her a bottle and she would fall back asleep....for an hour anyways. We obviously don't feed her all throughout the night but she was still waking up. We tried everything we could think of. Finally, at my OB appointment this week, Dr. R suggested getting a white noise maker. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of months but just haven't done it. So that night, I put my CD player in her room, turned a relaxation CD on repeat and Viola! She has done so well the past couple of nights! Praise God. I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case this is just a fluke but Theo and I both so desperately need her to sleep. Now I'm at least hopeful!

Olivia is such a talker too (don't know where she gets that from!). She can say several words: momma, dada, bubba, uh-oh, ball, bath, bubble, no, nose, baby (bebe), more. She tries to say many more words but they don't come out quite right. One of the cutest things she does is when I ask her where is mama's baby, she taps my belly and says "bebe"! Precious :)

She still is in love with curious george and enjoys playing by herself sometimes. She wants whatever her brother wants and vice versa. She loves to play peek a boo and will cruise around behind the couch, stick her head and out and yell boo! She also has an obsession with stuffing! The girl is corn fed for sure.

She is still doing really well at the church nursery and pretty well at the Y. She loves all things music and loves to shake her hips and dance. She is so much fun to watch and a great source of entertainment.

I'm curious to see how she'll do in the next several weeks when baby P arrives. I hope she will adjust well. We love her more and more everyday and can't wait to see how she grows and changes over the next few months!

No comments: