Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Check-ups

Yesterday, I finally got around to taking Carter for his four year check-up and Olivia for her 15 month check-up. They were a little late but oh well! Things are so different with having a second child. I never would have thought to be a month and a half late getting Carter his shots when he was Olivia's age. Ha!  I figure I better do it before I have three kids all getting shots at the same time. I would have to be insane to do that!

Anyway, Carter weighs 38 pounds (54%) and is 43 inches tall (84%). He's right on target. Olivia is finally 21 pounds! I never thought we'd hit that 20 pound mark. She's in the 14% for weight which is higher than she's been since she was 4 months. She's 32 inches long (79%). She's also pretty much right on track even though she's not walking yet. Dr. Lisa wasn't too concerned especially since Olivia is taking steps on her own, just not full-fledged walking yet. 

They both did pretty well with their shots. Carter knew it was coming and was really anxious about it. I wasn't going to tell him but he outright asked me and I couldn't be dishonest with him. I bribed him with ice cream afterwards but now I'm thinking that was probably more for my benefit than his! We went to Maggie Moo's after the appointment and shared a large ice cream sundae complete with sprinkles, whipped cream, hot fudge and cherries! This boy (and his momma) were in hog heaven!

When we were in the car, he said "Mom, I wanna go back in and SPANK that doctor for giving me a shot. That was NOT nice!" All I could do was laugh and say that technically, Dr. Lisa wasn't the one who gave him the shot, but he didn't really understand that part.

My mother-in-law is arriving this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to some help. I physically can't do much at this point because I'm so uncomfortable. I can go into labor anytime now that she's coming :) But truthfully, I really want my doctor to deliver this baby so I'd rather wait until she can than go into labor early. Yes, I love my OB that much! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Did Livie get ice cream too?