Friday, January 21, 2011

Fabulous Food Friday: Orange salmon and a treat!

I have this salmon recipe that I've been making forever. It's probably my favorite fish recipe and super easy. I think it came out of a Cuisine magazine. But this week, I jazzed it up a little and it turned out very flavorful. I didn't measure anything of course so all of the ingredients are approximations. Here's the recipe:

Heat 1/2 cup orange marmalade, one tablespoon olive oil, Tony's seasoning to taste, the juice of half a lime, and one tablespoon chili sauce in a skillet over medium heat until blended. Add one small onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Season salmon on both sides with Tony's and then add to the skillet and cook until done. Presto! I served it over rice and we had steamed squash and garlic bread with it. Super easy especially if you already have to ingredients.

 But better than that are these that I found at the store recently.

Oh. My. Goodness! Go out and buy these now. Seriously, put your computer down and go to your nearest grocery store. Okay, I guess that sounds a little pushy so I'm asking you politely, please go and get these soon! When these babies came out of the oven, I almost devoured the entire pan right then. Instead though, I exercised my willpower and ate the pan in a matter of 24 hours. I mean what could be better than cookies on top of brownies? Heaven on a plate :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yum, yum, double yum!