Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's so hard to say goodbye

Do y'all remember that Boyz 2 Men song? That's what's been playing in my head all day today. Omaw and Papaw left for their trip today. We're hanging out at their house without them until it's time for us to go to south Louisiana and see grandpa. Even though I've lived away from "home" for two years now, leaving is always sooooo hard! Not just for me, but for Carter especially. He loves his grandparents and always hates to see any of them go.

We already miss Omaw and Papaw but hope they have fun on their trip. I attempted to get group pictures this morning but Carter was in mid meltdown so this is what I got:
One without Carter:
And several with a very sad Carter: (I like this first one b/c it looks like Isaiah is trying to pat Carter on the back to console him!)


And famous last words "This is as good as it's going to get"....


Good news though is that Theo will be here tonight so it's something for us to look forward to. I can't wait to see my husband and I know he can't wait to see me and the kids also. We also met Aunt Kayla and kids at their church playplace. We had been there before but it's been forever ago and Carter had a great time. It was fun right up until it was time to go and Isaiah had a blowout diaper and pooped all over both of us! Then he was screaming, I was ready to pull my hair out and then we were home. Whew! It was a good distraction from the fact that Omaw and Papaw aren't here. But when daddy gets here tonight, the world will be alright again!

No comments: