Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our weekend

We had a fun weekend around our house. Saturday morning while Isaiah was taking his morning nap, I took Carter to go school supply shopping! I still can not wrap my brain around the fact that our firstborn is going to be a big kindergartener. I don't know about you, but I used to LOVE school supply shopping. Yeah, I'm a dork like that. I hope Carter will love school as much as I did (and still do!).
Once little man woke up, we headed downtown. There is so much to do here and we haven't even covered half of it. We ate at a greek place. The food was alright but overpriced. Then we went to the Pioneer museum. I regret not bringing my camera but as I have mentioned before, we travel with so much. If I can lighten the load at all, I do. Ha! The only couple of pictures I do have are from Theo's camera. This is the three of us playing dress up.


 We left the museum kind of late. Olivia didn't even have a nap on Saturday and she did suprisingly well.  That evening, Theo and I sat outside on porch in our new rocking chairs. It was so nice. The weather here in the summer is just gorgeous. I won't be saying that four or five months from now but at this moment, I love the weather here!

Sunday was my day to volunteer at church so I took Isaiah and Olivia with me. Theo stayed home to work on his mid-term and Carter wanted to stay too for a change. So it was nice having the two youngest with me. After dinner, we took the kids on a spontaneous trip to Cold Stone Creamery and then to splash around in the water fountains right outside the movie theater. It was so much fun watching them run and squeal. I have a video of it that I'll try and put on here soon. It's on my phone so it's not great quality but they were having so much fun.

Back to reality tomorrow. We have a fairly busy week ahead so I'm thankful for all of the fun we had this weekend!

No comments: