Sunday, January 11, 2009

First time in 4 months!........

Carter is taking a nap in his bed! Literally since he's second birthday party, he has a) either refused to take a nap all together, or b) refused to fall asleep in the bed. We've tried all types of things to coax him into napping in his own bed but to no avail. He, of course, takes a nap at Michele's house every day at exactly the same time each day. But no siree, not at our house. Well, today I said enough is enough. I offered to sit in the rocking chair until he falls asleep but he kept thinking it was play time. I finally had enough and left, shutting the door behind me. I came and set the kitchen timer for 15 minutes and told myself that if he was still screaming after the timer went off, I'd go get him. Amazingly, ten minutes went by and then there was no more crying. I just went and checked on him, and he is fast asleep in bed. Daddy is out doing the grocery shopping, and I'm enjoying some alone time. Life is good......

No comments: