Monday, January 5, 2009

Resigned!

I have officially resigned from my position as pediatric surgery nurse practitioner at LSU! Whew! I had been having some anxiety over it off and on the past couple of weeks. But now that it's done, I feel relieved. I will be sad to leave. I enjoy the working with the people here and will miss their friendships. But I am excited to know that I will be doing God's will for my life and making Carter man really happy! Hopefully Theo will be happier too but I know he'll miss the extra money :).

God is so good though. Just this morning, I was sitting at my desk thinking "Ok, Lord, are you sure this is what I need to do? Who quits their good paying job in the middle of an economic crisis. I sure am giving up a lot of money". Well, lo and behold, in my e-mail box was a devotional e-mail I signed up to receive a couple of days ago. The first thing on the screen was:

"Do not overwork to be rich...For riches certainly make themselves wings." Proverbs 23:4-5

I just had to laugh. "Ok God, I hear ya!"

I must say being off with Carter for the past few days has really made me know in my heart of hearts that I want to be home with him. He is such a joy to have around. No one loves me quite the same way he does. Obviously my husband, my family and my friends all love me and I know that. But with Carter, it's just different...not necessarily better or worse but different. So that's that. I don't have any pictures to post because I accidentally let Carter spill a glass of water on our desktop at home and now the computer is fried and I can't upload any more pictures for now. Sorry :(

2 comments:

Crazy Family said...

Boys most certainly do love their mommas!

Darlene said...

I'm very proud of you Jaime and let me tell you that every minute of staying home and raising your children and taking care of your husband is very rewarding and God WILL take care of you financially and every other way.