Wednesday, May 12, 2010

8 months old!

This past month has just flown by! It seems like just the other day I was writing about Olivia's seven month old "birthday". In the blink of an eye, she'll be celebrating her one year old birthday and I won't know what to do with myself!

At eight months old, Olivia:

- is finally sitting all the time. She still falls over occassionally but I don't have to sit right next to her every minute.

-is still having major separation anxiety especially while we were out of town this past week but some days it's not so bad

-can say "mamamamama" now but it's only when she's mad

-can recognize and look for daddy when I say "Where's daddy?"

-is still not rolling over that much but we know she can so we're not worried about it

-is still not sleeping through the night. Any advice on this one? I have let her cry it out some but she'll cry for 30 minutes and still not go back to sleep

-is finally going four or five hours between her feddings now with baby food in between. This has been great! I don't feel like I'm tied down as much. And she is still happy so it works out well.

-has hair that grows longer by the minute it seems. I can put some of it in a ponytail.

-still takes two sometimes three naps a day and is on a pretty good schedule (except while we were out of town)

-has been on two trips so far: Louisiana and Washington D.C. and did great on both flights.

-got her first little sunburn while we were in D.C.

-is finally eating baby food pretty well and like most things I give her (except green beans still)

-had her first ear infection a couple of weeks ago and it was AWFUL!!

-loves to grab anything within two feet of her, especially Carter's hair!

-is really a good baby most of the time. We can't imagine our lives without her. She brings so much joy into our lives and we are so blessed to be her parents! We love you Livie :)







I am sorry these aren't the best pictures but Olivia has cried almost every minute that I wasn't holding her today. So I have done a lot of this today (although not always with a smile on my face!!!)


1 comment:

The Shoemakers said...

Girl I can't help you on the sleeping through the night issue..It took 4 years to make Leslie stay in her bed all night..and she still randomly crawls in bed with us! Jackson said were gonna nip this one in the bud in the beginning. I don't think I did this on purpose so I don't know how to actually "make them sleep through the night", but if you figure it out please let me know..Love yall :)