Monday, May 17, 2010

The Museum of Natural History

So it's back to our Washington pictures (but I hope you enjoyed the ones of Olivia and her puffs). All of the Smithsonian museums, or at least the ones we went to, were free! Sweet! Even the zoo was free but my camera batter was dead so I didn't end up with any pictures from the zoo. (On a side note, we parked directly across from the zoo on Connecticut Ave. The no parking signs were a little confusing and we weren't sure if we were allowed to park there or not. Fortunately, a woman, aka an angel, came out of the apartment complex as we were getting out of the car and told us we wouldn't be able to park there after 4:00 or we would get a $100 ticket!) I'm so glad she came out at that moment. I got in the car and drove around until I found somewhere to park. And sure enough when we left the zoo, every car had a ticket on it! Thank you Lord for saving us $100!)

So, back to the Museum of Natural History....this was such a cool and HUGE museum! There were so many people there. Carter really enjoyed it. Some of my pictures aren't the best because of the lighting in the museum but there was a ton of amazing stuff there. I don't even think we got to see it all. If you are ever in D.C., this is a MUST!









1 comment:

Carol said...

Way cool!!! I bet Carter really liked that.