Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday


Ok, well I guess it's really fabulous food Saturday but oh well! I can't even say this is really even fabulous per se but something I threw together the other night and it was pretty tasty. I guess I'll name it Cajun rice with okra and tomatoes.

So, this is all I did (again, not very fabulous), I took one cup of uncooked rice and cooked it in a rice pot. While the rice was cooking, I steamed the okra above the rice pot. Then I took the rice, sauteed it in some olive oil (probably about 1-2 tablespoons) and added some Tony's to it. You can add as much or as little as you like. For this amount of rice, I actually used quite a bit. I added a half of an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, the okra a half a can of corn, and finally a can of diced tomatoes (with most of the juice drained and used for the next nights spaghetti). For as little work as this was, it was quite yummy!

Next week, hopefully I'll get around to posting about the homemade rolls I made and the disaster it originally was :)

Speaking of fabulous food, tonight we are headed to our friends Amy and Jeff's house for some great dinner. I can't wait! I made a cheesecake, my first attempt at high altitude so we'll see. I think it will be alright.

No comments: