Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cabin Fever

We had a pretty good weekend....until Sunday night! We went out to a new restaurant Friday night. Wasn't anything to write home about but we had a good time hanging out. Saturday, we went to a birthday party for Carter's friend Guy. And they were kind enough to have the LSU game on just for me. Okay, maybe not just for me but I got to see most of it anyway. It was such an exciting game that I called my dad at 10p.m. to talk about it! Don't these LSU players know I have a bad heart and they shouldn't be doing this to me? :)

Sunday morning was my first volunteer Sunday with the 1st and 2nd grade ministry. It was a lot of fun but makes me realize I don't want to be an elementary school teacher!

And then Sunday night, BAM! We ALL got sick. Theo, Olivia, and I all had a stomach virus. Carter has croup. It has been a week filled with frequent sheet washing, barely getting off of the couch, watching a lot t.v., eating a LOT of pizza that Theo thankfully went and picked up right before the bottom fell out (no pun intended!). Carter didn't go to school this week. I cancelled his parent-teacher conference. Theo went to the doctor Tuesday and they told him he couldn't go back to work this week. I think we are finally on the mend, although Carter still sounds like Donald Duck and Olivia has been running fever off and on this whole week.

I just can't say enough about my amazing husband. Even in the worst of all of our illness, he still got up with Olivia multiple times Sunday night and other nights this week. I truly don't know what I would have done without him. He is such a good husband and father!

Ok, so enough about all of that yuckiness. Just wanted to let you know what our week has been like. This morning, we finally did venture out early and take the kids to the park. Besides a car ride to Sonic for a vanilla coke with mommy, Carter and Olivia hadn't been out of the house since Saturday. Cabin fever was really taking over! They had a good time at the park and it was so nice to be outside and get some fresh air.




Theo is going to stay home with them today so I don't have to miss my Thursday Bible study. This month's topic is on marriage so I really don't want to miss it. Speaking of that, I better go get ready! Hope you all had a better week than we did here!

1 comment:

Carol said...

I was so excited to see pictures of the children. I missed them via blogger this week. Livie has on shoes!!!! It looks like they fit pretty good with room to grow. I love you all. Tell Carter I love him and use a squeeky voice when you tell him for me. Hope you all mend completely and soon!