Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Itsy bitsy spider

Some of the most chilling words I have heard my husband say are "Get up (or walk away) very slowly". Immediately I break out into chills and start contemplating how my children or I am about to be hurt.

This time, we were sitting on a hay bale out in the middle of the pumpkin patch. I just knew it was a snake, after all, we have already had two encounters with snakes while hiking.

But when I turned my head, this is what I saw:


I wasn't near as terrifed by this huge spider as I was the snakes because I knew I could outrun the spider. But Carter was a little frightened and wanted to stay in the stroller. I can't say I blame him. Glad we don't have one of those for a pet!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Eeeeekkkkk! I've never seen that kind before.