Friday, December 18, 2009

PJs

My oh my! What time I have spent this past week trying to sew the kids' Christmas pajamas! I have been so frustrated with my lack of independent sewing skills. I have had to start over more than once, ripped out more stitches than I can even begin to count, and made mulitiple trips to the fabric stores. But finally, they are done! They aren't perfect and I know my sewing relatives would inwardly cringe if they sew how imperfect they are but hey, I sewed them all by myself and the most important part, they are FINISHED!! (Well, I guess technically not b/c I need to add elastic to Carter's pants but that won't take ten minutes!) I wanted to share pictures with you because I feel such a sense of accomplishment right now. You will see pictures of the kids wearing them shortly after Christmas!


2 comments:

Laney said...

I am so proud of you. They look great!!! There would be no "cringing" from me. I am just so excited that you are learning to sew. It's a really fun hobby that does give you a real sense of accomplishment. Don't ever forget...your seam ripper is your best friend!!

Carol said...

Those are adorable! I can hardly wait to see the precious children in them!