Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow globes

For as long as I can remember, my grandma always gave me a snow globe for Christmas. I have come to treasure these beyong belief....especially now that grandma is in heaven. I wish I had recorded which ones she gave me in which year. One of my globes broke during the move. I had to fight back the tears when I saw the globe cracked into pieces. Theo said we should add it to our list of things the movers broke but I told him there was no price for sentimental value. Grandma passed away in January of 2007 so last Christmas was the first Christmas without her. I remember being so sad that she wouldn't be getting me a snow globe. But I am so grateful that I have an incredible husband and thoughtful mom because they both gave me snow globes for Christmas last year.

I think the "firsts" with a loved one being gone are always the hardest. I'm glad the firsts without grandma have already come and gone. But I am also sad that she won't get to hold Olivia (and any other grandbabies that come along). I hope there is a special place in heaven where grandparents can look down and see their families growing. I miss you so much grandma and Christmas will not be the same without you.

The one Theo gave me last year:







The one my mom gave me last year:


No comments: