Saturday, December 12, 2009

Three months

Olivia is three months old today! A quarter of a year old....I won't say I can't believe that the time has flown by so fast since I seem to say that every month :) The past month she got to meet her some of her other grandparents. They were captivated by her. Who isn't? Olivia is starting to develop a little personality. She loves attention and loves to make people smile. At three months, she also:

-weighs about 11 1/2 pounds (or as best I can estimate)

-is now in 3-6 month clothes

-now nurses about every 3-4 hours during the day and is still getting up once or twice at night to eat (but last night, she actually went 8 hours between feedings! She unfortunately didn't stay asleep that whole time and would wake up periodically and whimper but didn't want to nurse)

-has fallen into a pretty predictable routine (finally!)

-smiles constantly and has even started laughing when I tickle her!

-gets compliments on her hair every sinle place we go

-still has gorgeous blue eyes

-loves for me to sing her songs and play little games with her

-is her big brother's favorite person in the world

-still loves shopping with her mommy. We even went to the mall yesterday for over two hours. I carried her in the sling and she didn't make hardly a sound at all. (And Carter did AWESOME too! By far the best shopping trip we have ever had just the three of us!)

-still makes her mommy and daddy so happy and we are still incredibly blessed to have her!








In the next couple of weeks, she will get to meet her grandpa for the first time and then her Omaw is coming for a visit! We can't wait to spend time with them. I am so excited about Olivia's first Christmas even though she is too young to really appreciate it. But that hasn't stopped me from buying her presents!

Today we are heading to Santa's workshop at the foot of Pike's Peak mountain. Theo unexpectedly had to go into work this morning for a half a shift (he regrets answering his cell phone now while we were at Target last night! Ughhh!) so we'll probably meet him down there. I am really looking forward to it and I think Carter will have a blast. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Adorable...counting the days until I can hold her!!!!!