Monday, August 15, 2011

The end of an old era, the beginning of a new one

Dear Carter,

Today is your first day of kindergarten! If I close my eyes for a minute, I can still remember the day you were born and seeing you for the very first time. I never will forget the joy of finding out we had a son. You made me a mom. Little did I know then in that delivery room how fast the time would fly. Those first few newborn days seemed to last an eternity but now it seems like an eternity ago that I placed our bare skin together for the first time.

I could not be more proud of the young boy you have become. You are so incredibly smart and already told everyone you saw at school today what a genius you are. Yes, Carter, you most certainly are.



You love to learn and never grow tired of seeking answers. You love to create things. You are constantly making something or building something. I have yet to ever hear you say that you don't have anything to do. I don't think boredom will ever be a problem for you.

These days you are reading almost entirely by yourself. Daddy and I are always amazed by the things you can read. You love to write and draw too. You love going to the library and the bookstore. It thrills me to no end that you share the same love of reading and books that I do! I pray God blesses you with academic success now and in the years ahead of you. I pray that you will always love learning.

I have no doubt that you will love kindergarten and that your teacher will love you. You have such a good and sweet heart. You will no doubt have many friends throughout your school years.

Mommy and daddy are so very blessed that you are our first born son. We are more proud of you than we could ever tell you. We love you Carter man. Congratulations on having a great first day of kindergarten!

Love, Mommy

No comments: