Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to his old self

So after being so close to the brink of insanity (ok, well not really but those of you who know me know what a drama queen I can be).....today was a MUCH better day. Carter still had a few meltdowns but for the most part, he was back to his old self. Thank the Lord for that because I wasn't sure how I was going to handle his attitude for one more day.

We went to this really cool place called Lil Biggs. My mom took him there the day the movers were unloading our stuff and I thought I would check it out myself. It's kinda like Chuck E. Cheese (sucky sees as Carter calls it now) but they have this cool area where girls can play dress up, boys can dress up like fireman or policeman, an indoor bouny castly, a pretend store, and lots of toys. Carter had a blast. There weren't too many kids there which made it nice. I did get a little teary eyed though when I saw a group of moms having lunch and their kids playing together. I silently prayed Carter would have friends very soon...and that I would too.

He had a nice long nap while I finished up his Diego pajama pants that I sewed. I'm just beginning to learn how to sew and these pants are evidence of that but they are still pretty cute.

This afternoon, our doorbell rang and it was some kids we met on Sunday asking if Carter could come out and play. That absolutely made my day and Carter's too. He was so excited to have the company. Their mom is a really nice Christian woman and we seemed to hit it off this past weekend. We exchanged numbers and I hadn't heard from her. But when I called to tell her that her kids were at our house, she told me her in-laws were in town and that we should get together next week and do something :) I also got two e-mails from MOPS coordinators too. MOPS stands for Mother's of Preschoolers and is a Christian mom's organization. I wasn't a part of one in Louisiana but I definitely need and want to join one here. So I'm excited about that too....that will be a great way for me to meet some Christian mom's with young kids. The Lord knows just what I need when I need it. I am starting to feel hopeful for the first time in days. Thanks to everyone who left encouraging words on my facebook page. I am trusting God and know He will meet all my needs...even my need for friends.

And because I didn't take any pictures of today's events, here is a random photo:




Carter after almost 3 years, finally ate spaghetti! This was a momentous occasion in our household.

3 comments:

Carol said...

He ate "what?" You do mean "ropes" don't you?
Sweetie I'm glad you had a good day. What a mighty God we serve! Don't ever forget that!!!!! I love you1

Crazy Family said...

Spaghetti?.... Mmmmmm Delicioso!!!

Laney said...

Sweetheart, I am glad you are feeling more positive. This move really is a good thing. I have never regretted moving away from SHV/BC when I was about your age. God is going to give you wonderful, lifelong friends in Co Springs. So just take this time to learn to depend on Him.

By the way, I still don't have your address!!!

I love you! Give Carter a big hug and kiss for me!