Saturday, April 23, 2011

Underwater Easter egg hunt

Despite the 34 degree temps today and the scatter of snowflakes, we took the kids to the aquatic center for an egg hunt. So technically, it wasn't an underwater hunt because all of the plastic eggs just floated on top of the pool.



You'll have to excuse my crazy hair in these pictures. We had just gone to the Y where I ran 3.5 miles for the first time in my whole life and I was wearing a hat. I came home and showered but didn't wash my hair :)  I also got over my fear of getting back into a bathing suit after baby #3 and in public no less! I suppose eventually the baby weight will come off, right?



Anyway, Olivia was not having her life jacket but since I was the only one in the pool with them at the time, she had to wear it.

We had a great time. Carter got some good prizes too. But by the time we were finished, both of my kids lips were blue! Poor Olivia was saying "Brrrrr!" and shivering. Speaking of "Brrr", on an unrelated note, I made chili this week. When I told Olivia it was time to eat her chili, she said "Brrr!" It was so cute. It's so windy here that everytime we got outside I am always saying "Brrr, it's chilly today" and I guess she was trying to put two and two together :)

Tomorrow we are heading to church but Theo has to work overnight tonight so I'm not sure which service we'll go to. I hope it's not too cold or otherwise I probably won't get too many cute pictures of the kids. Happy Easter!

No comments: