Saturday, September 19, 2009

Happy One Week Birthday!


Already, Olivia is one week old. This week has flown by. I remember the early days with Carter seemed long and never ending. Maybe next week will seem like that when daddy goes back to work. But this week, I have really enjoyed being home with my whole family. Theo has been such a tremendous help and just over the past few days, I feel like our marriage has grown and we have gotten closer because of Olivia. When I watch him cradle her in his arms, I have to fight back the tears. We are so blessed and I never want to take that for granted.

Carter is still doing amazingly well adjusting to life as a big brother. Some of the things you can hear him say include:
"Is Olivia sweet? Is she AWESOME?"
"Is Olivia hungry? Does she want to drink your milk?"
"Mommy, Olivia looks like a guitar" (not sure what that is about but he says it when I'm nursing her)
"I love you baby sister.....awwww, she's so sweet"

My mom was so right when she said a mother's love is not divided when you have another child...it is multiplied. I truly believe that now. I wondered how I could love another child as much as I love Carter but I do already love Olivia that much. How could I not? So happy one week birthday sweetheart. You and your brother are the greatest things that have ever happened to us. We love you baby girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family you have! I love the new picture in your blog header.

Carol said...

Sweet toes, sweet words...sweet family.