Sunday, September 13, 2009

Welcome Baby Olivia!

She is finally here....our newest pride and joy! Olivia (still waiting on Theo to decide her first middle name) Elizabeth. She was born at 2:18 yesterday afternoon after about a 6 hour labor. She weighed 7 pounds and 11 ounces and was 20 and 1/4 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful and looks so much like Carter did as a newborn! I couldn't believe how much bigger she was than him. We are all doing well. She is nursing great already. She had a rough spot last night but then slept the night away. Right now as I'm blogging, she is in daddy's arms and let me tell you, he is so in love with her it's unreal! He was the same way with Carter too and it melts my heart. I am quite in love with her myself. She looks like an angel and we can't wait to bring her home. Carter and Omaw came up last night and I think he was quite fascinated with her. He wanted to know what kind of cup she would be drinking from! Later Theo said, "Well, actually a C cup!!" I was cracking up! Carter kept saying baby sister jumped out of mommy's tummy. He was also telling her that he loved her. It was a priceless moment.






We have already seen the pediatrician this morning and all looks well. She will have a follow up appointment on Tuesday morning. She lost 2 ounces but that is to be expected and he seemed happy that it was only 2 ounces. She is quite a spitter though! We are now waiting on my OB to see me, the hearing screen to be done, some other discharge things to be taken care of, and the birth certificate done. After that, I'm hoping we can go home later this afteroon. The sweet nursery nurse from yesterday requested that we stay in the "suite room" and it is so nice! It's bigger than our bedroom at home and has a queen size bed so Theo was able to sleep more comfortably last night. When I told her thank you for doing that for us, she said "It's so nice to see such a great couple who love and want their baby so much". It made me tear up when she said that because I do know how much we love and want Olivia and it's so great to finally have her here.

I will try and post when I can in the next few days but I have a feeling that life is going to get a crazy so I may just post pictures for now. Thank you all for you prayers and support!

8 comments:

Margo said...

Oh how wonderful God is, she is so beautiful Jaime...and the look on Theo's face in that picture just made me cry, you can see the love so much in his face. You are truly a blessed family. Rest well and tell Theo congrats from me too.

The Shoemakers said...

She is soo cute! I wish I could hold her and kiss her sweet forehead! Guess you will have to do that for me for now :*(**

ruslinga said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and you look great! I am sure that Theo is one proud papa! Tell him that I said hello. Take care!

Anonymous said...

You guys look like a blessed and happy family. Congratulations mom, dad, and big brother Carter! Welcome to the world baby Olivia!

-Amanda

Crazy Family said...

Congratulations!!!!

Crazy Family said...

I feel like I need to do this: please forgive me:
I GOT TO HOLD THAT BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL ON HER BIRTHDAY! NANANANANA ;p

Anonymous said...

I'm tearing up! She is so beautiful! I love the picture of Carter holding his little sister. You guys make beautiful babies! Have fun taking Olivia home, that is always a special moment, it doesn't matter if it's your first, second, or third. Congratulations you guys!
- Kim G

Mary Z said...

Jaime and Theo, congratulations! Oh Jaime, she looks so much like Carter! She is beautiful. You look great (Theo too). Carter looks fabulous. I can't believe how grown up he looks. Thank you for sending me your blog link. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Mary Z