Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In Awe

Last night, we had to make a trip out for something. It was right around 7:00 p.m. As I topped a hill on a nearby street, I got the most spectacular view of the sun setting over the mountains. The sun had actually already set but the purple and bright blue skies were still lingering. My immediate thought was how could someone see all of this and not believe there is a God. No human being could ever be capable of creating such natural beauty. I was reminded of how big God is...how he can bless our lives beyond our wildest imaginations.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands" Psalms 19:1

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalms 90:1-2

I have desperately missed going to church over the past couple of months. I had every intention on going this past Sunday but with Olivia nursing every 2-3 hours during the day, the timing just didn't work out. Hopefully this week, the timing will be better. I miss being able to praise and worship with other believers. I feel like I need to be involved....to be doing something for God's kingdom. I have always felt there was a calling on my life to do more than what I am currently doing....to be ministering to others outside the comfort zone of my own life. But with two kids, it's a little hard to travel the world going on mission trips. Right now I am content with the mission God has for me right now.....within the four walls of our home. I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be at this point in my life. But I know eventually, there is more out there for me to do. My prayer is that my heart is open to hear the direction in which God wants me to go.

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." Psalms 37:23

1 comment:

Carol said...

God is the best artist!!!!