Friday, September 4, 2009

Preparing for Fall

My mom's blog post about Carter's hat reminded me that I needed to post the pictures I took of him in it. She sent a "care" package last week and had a t-shirt from Jackson Hole, the airplane hat, and the cutest little outfit for Olivia. I'll try and take pictures of her in it soon. My mom made an airplance jacket over the summer that he has actually already worn once here (yea, who wears a coat in August? Life in Colorado is certainly different). This hat matches. My mom is the best!





I haven't gotten around to sewing anything else yet. I'm a little nervous to try by myself without mom's supervision. I did get a cutting mat and rotary tool. Man, sewing has come a long way since 6th grade home ec. Gone are the days where you have to pin your pattern to the fabric and cut it out. I've been buying patterns when they go on sale and I'm hoping while mom is here we can do some more sewing.

Mom is arriving tomorrow and when I say I can't wait, that is the understatement of the year! Carter is asking for her everyday and can't wait for her to watch him play in his pretend Diego Rescue Center (i.e. swingset). Today he said he wants her to blow bubbles with him. It feels so weird to think I have to go to the airport to pick her up. I've never in my life picked my mom up from the airport. It's weird to think that in order for us to see each other, she has to fly somewhere. I have spent my whole life just being able to get in the car and drive 30 minutes to see her. That's not the case anymore. But I'm adjusting.

If I'm not in labor (and after 1:00 tomorrow afternoon, I'll be praying that I am), then we are going to try and go to the hot air balloon festival if it's not raining. I think Carter would really enjoy that. If we do end up getting to go, I'll for sure post some pictures. As for the rest of the weekend, castor oil just may be on the menu! Just kidding. I told my doctor that I wouldn't do that since she didn't think it was a great idea.

Oh, and MOPS was great yesterday! I am so glad I joined and that I chose the group I did. I felt like God led me to the right place. It was surely nice to get a 2 hour break from Carter too! I haven't had many of those the past month. But it was nice to get together with Christian moms and just talk about motherhood without pretending that everything is perfect. I also won a prize for telling the funniest kid related vacation story. I'll have to post about that later. Carter is quite the character! Anyway, naptime is almost over and I still have a few things to do. Hopefully the next time I post anything will be about our precious daughter being born!! Please keep us in your prayers that we have a safe, quick, and healthy delivery.

1 comment:

Crazy Family said...

Yay that your mom is on her way!!! I know you are so excited!!! I am hoping to see you guys soon!